GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION OF PREFERENTIAL CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN (PCO)
The purpose of the guidelines is to explain the conditions and procedures that need to be complied by the manufacturers/ exporters for endorsement of the Certificate of Origin under the respective FTA schemes.
Introduction to Electronic Preferential Certificates of Origin (ePCO)
ePCO is a web-based Preferential Certificate of Origin application and approval system. Manufacturers / Exporters who need certification of the country of origin for a particular product can use ePCO to apply in the form of an official online document the Preferential Certificate of Origin. The link to ePCO is: http://newepco.dagangnet.com/dnex/login/
Schemes Available Under ePCO
The respective FTA schemes are as follows:
Generalised System of Preferences (GSP)
- ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement (ATIGA)
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (AANZFTA)
- ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement (ACFTA)
- ASEAN-India Free Trade Agreement (AIFTA)
- ASEAN-Korea Free Trade Agreement (AKFTA)
- ASEAN-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership (AJCEP)
- Malaysia-Australia Free Trade Agreement (MAFTA)
- Malaysia-New Zealand Free Trade Agreement (MNZFTA)
- Malaysia-Chile Free Trade Agreement (MCFTA)
- Malaysia-Pakistan Closer Economic Partnership Agreement (MPCEPA)
- Malaysia-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (MJEPA)
- Malaysia-India Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (MICECA)
- Malaysia-Turkey Free Trade Agreement (MTFTA)
Procedures of Online Application of Preferential Certificate of Origin
- Check the tariff classification or Harmonized System (HS) code of product.
- Check if the product is included in the preferential duties i.e. tariff reduction and elimination schedule.
- In order for your product to enjoy the preferential duties, it must fulfill the Rules of Origin (ROO) criteria under the respective FTA schemes. If your products are eligible, submit the application of cost analysis (CA) followed by preferential certificate of origin (PCO) application through the Electronic Preferential Certificate of Origin (e-PCO) system:
(Note: Supporting documents are required upon CA and PCO applications)
- Print out PCO on specific Certificate of Origin (CO) forms in accordance with respective schemes. The CO forms can be purchased from the Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM).
- Obtain CO endorsement from MITI.
Which Authority Endorses the Preferential Certificates of Origin?
The Trade and Industry Cooperation Section, MITI is the certifying authority for all Preferential Certificates of Origin.
The approval and CO endorsement services are also available at MITI branch offices in:
- Melaka – only CO endorsement
Last Updated 2017-01-25 15:08:56 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman